Hello everyone, I hope you’re all having a brilliant holiday season!
Today I thought I would share with you a recipe for a cocktail I made today when trying to combine my love of coffee, alcohol, and chocolate. This Mocha Cream cocktail is smooth and velvety with an alcoholic punch, and the right amount of bitterness to prevent it being too sickly. I love it and I’m slightly addicted, but beware because this cocktail is not for the health conscious.
2 parts cooled espresso/coffee of your choice
1 part vodka
1/2 part coffee liqueur
1 part Irish cream
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
5 parts milk (or to taste)
a splash of double cream
1. Pour the espresso over ice in a cocktail shaker, followed by the vodka, coffee liqueur, and Irish cream.
2. Add the sugar and cocoa powder.
3. Shake until the sugar and cocoa is well mixed
4. Add the milk and cream
5. Shake again until smooth and frothy
6. Serve in a glass of your choice and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. (I used chocolate orange for that extra festive twist!)
Let me know if you try this recipe yourselves and if you have any cocktail recipes you love! Have a wonderful holiday season and I’ll see you again soon.