I’ve got a short and sweet post for you today – I hope you don’t mind. Happiness comes in all sorts of shapes, sizes, activities, and abstracts. Today I’m going to share with you just five of the things that make me happy!
- Going out for breakfast. My Dad and I started going out for breakfast most weekends about three years ago when we started playing Pokemon Go. Though we don’t play anymore, we still go out every other week or so and it’s something that brings me joy every time!
- Luxurious bubble baths. Long hot soaks in the bath are a true treat I love to indulge in on lazy Sunday afternoons. Putting on some music, closing my eyes, and just pretending the world doesn’t exist for a while is such a pleasure.
- Freshly washed, crisp sheets. I love the way cold, crisp, fresh bedsheets feel on my skin when I go to bed, especially when I’ve just shaved my legs. It’s a small, simple joy but it’s one that fills me with joy!
- The homewares section of any shop. I’m a slut for homewares, what can I say? I love decorating my room and imagining how I’d furnish my future house. Interior decorating shows are a guilty pleasure too!
- Babies who smile at me on buses. I always feel super happy when a baby smiles at me because they always look so uninhibited and it’s like they’ve Chosen me, somehow.
What kind of things make you happy? I’d love to hear them!